Raleigh Flying Club founders
Raleigh Flying Club was founded because we saw a need for triangle pilots who wanted to continue flying but didn't want to commute to surrounding airports in order to fly. If you live in Cary, Morrisville, Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill you will have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to an airport with club airplanes you can fly. We know this from experience, after a couple trips to the surrounding airports the hassle of getting up to the airport, checking out the airplane, preflighting and actually flying took all day. If you wanted to use the airplane to actually travel someplace (the intended purpose of the airplane) then it made even less sense because if you add in the extra travel time it would be easier to drive to your intended destination. This is where the club was born.
- 15-20 minutes from most triangle locations.
- Class C airspace that offers a multitude of different instrument approaches.
- Easy ramp access and parking.
- Low Member to Plane ratio (which allows for more aircraft availability)
- Much lower cost of flying versus single plane ownership
Want to Join?
We think of aviation as less of something we do and more of a lifestyle. Are you already a pilot? Are you not a pilot but want to be? Then you are our kind of people. If you are interested in joining us in the aviation lifestyle then please click the button. We are currently looking for members.